Currently Bridges runs two main sessions each week and occasional special events for homeless and vulnerably housed people in Newham. These are provided free to clients.
Saturday Breakfast at Memorial Community Church, 395 Barking Road, Plaistow E13 8AL.
We aim to create a welcoming and hospitable environment staffed by friendly volunteers
- Open from 8.30 am to 11.00 am.
- Serves a full cooked breakfast (Sausage, bacon, egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash brown, and toast) from 9am to 11am.
- Tea, coffee, cereals, porridge available all morning.
- Signposting to other support agencies.
Monday drop-in at Memorial Community Church, 395 Barking Road, Plaistow E13 8AL.
A place to drink tea and coffee and relax and access the following services
- Open from 10am to 2 pm
- Shower and laundry facilities
- Clothes and Shoes Bank
- NHS Nurse clinic most weeks
- Help with benefits, housing and other forms.
- Practical activities to build esteem and encourage hope.
- Small group work developing life skills and confidence.
Special Christmas event at Memorial Community Church, 395 Barking Road, Plaistow E13 8AL.
Held on the Saturday closest to Christmas day, open from 9am to 3pm
- Breakfast roll (bacon or sausage)
- Fruit snacks
- Traditional Christmas Carol service
- Traditional Christmas Dinner with Turkey, roast potatoes, Christmas pudding
- Christmas Presents